leonidaszazelis

Monday, February 14, 2011

Ronaldo retires, ending magnificent soccer career

SAO PAULO – Ronaldo retired from soccer Monday because his body can no longer meet the demands of the game, ending a magnificent career in which he won two World Cups with Brazil and thrived with some of Europe's top teams.
With tears on his cheeks, the 34-year-old striker announced his decision at a news conference. He played 18 years despite repeated knee trouble and leaves as a three-timer FIFA Player of the Year and the top goal scorer in World Cup history.
"It's very hard to leave something that made me so happy," said Ronaldo, with sons Alex and Ronald by his side. "Mentally, I wanted to continue, but I have to acknowledge that I lost (the fight) to my body."
Read more

No comments :

Post a Comment

Deixe seu comentário! Ele é muito importante para o desenvolvimento do Blog. Ainda hoje seu comentário será postado aqui.